Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Public Queuests

One of my favorite features of WAR is the Public Quest system. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who renewed their subscriptions past their first month of play would agree with me.

Mythic is adding some new PQ's for Halloween, and I think that's great.

I now have a dilemma. Do I focus on the new PQ's, influence, and random (likely just cosmetic) loot? Or do I continue on my quest to be a halfway decent healer in scenarios, earning me much renown (both the purple number type and the 'fame within game' type) and experience (both the yellowish number type and the 'learn to not suck' type)?

Because it always happens like this:

1. Enter a public quest about halfway through Stage 1.
2. Slaughter my way through hordes of [Elven Women, Ballistas, Lost Puppies, Elven Warriors, or Dropouts from the 'High Elf Academy of Special Swordmasters'].
3. Work with my girlfriend to kill several champions in Stage 2.
4. SCENARIO TIME! AND IT'S FINALLY NOT TOR ANROC!

Well crap. See the problem?

Maybe I'll keep track of how many times this happens during the Halloween live event...


No comments: